"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."...

08/01/2011

I never learn.

So I was wanting to change my hair a bit, but nothing too drastic, and had found quite a few pics of 'ombre' hair which I quite liked. I had a bit of a swatch on youtube etc and it seemed like a pretty safe DIY hairstyle (n.b I'm incredibly stingy when it comes to my hair and reckon I can do just as good a job as the hairdresser myself. (Which I definitely can't)). I particularly liked LLYMLRS's hair and checked out her video etc on DIY-ing ombre hair- http://www.llymlrs.com/2010/08/how-to-diy-ombre-hair_06.html - which made it seem mega easy. And being the naive fool that I am thought I'd give it a shot. Bear in mind here that roughly five months ago I had a dreadful bleaching incident which involved me having to cut about 8 inches off my lovely hair. Stupidly I went for it again, slapped the bleach on, graduated it up after 10 mins, and washed it off about 15 mins after that. The result- a gingery, bleachy riot with a straight line where my brown locks ended and the disaster began. I was not a happy bunny. The next morning I attempted to cure the mess with some light golden brown hair dye, filled with red tones as I'd done my research! It didn't work. The colour didn't take even a little bit. I was forced to go to work sporting my new hair-do, before I had any chance to buy more dye. Fortunately I've now got my lovely brunette hair back, albeit a lot drier than it started 3 days ago. But I fixed it myself, and that's all that matters! I couldn't face going to a hairdresser and having them patronise me for my silly mistake. Here's what it was supposed to look like :( ...

No comments:

Post a Comment