"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."...

06/12/2010

"they always moved on"

For me, director, producer and writer, John Hughes, was truly one of the greatest things to ever happen to film. You can't help but fall in love with each one of his movies and his fantastically quirky and original characters. I recently found this quote from him about his childhood which I think is really beautiful:
"But then The Beatles came along (and) changed my whole life. And then Bob Dylan's Bringing It All Back Home came out and really changed me. Thursday I was one person, and Friday I was another. My heroes were Dylan, John Lennon and Picasso, because they each moved their particular medium forward, and when they got to the point where they were comfortable, they always moved on."
I think that Hughes' explanation of why Dylan, Lennon and Picasso were his heroes, is the very same reason that John Hughes is one of mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment