"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."...

06/12/2010

Fashion Through the Decades

We were recently set a project for CCS (contemporary and contextual studies) to collect pictures of bands with a strong image from the 60s, 80s and present day. I really enjoyed researching the different trends that used to be popular, as well as noticing the recurring themes with fashion today. I found loads of great images and it was pretty funny finding out what some of the bands I listen to actually dressed like back in the day. If a little harder to take them seriously now... We also had to pick an up and coming musican who we thought would influence fashion. I chose Taylor Momsen, while she isn't really my cup of tea, she certainly has a different image from a lot of the other singers/actresses her age and she has strong connections with the 'underwear as outerwear' trend. Here's the pages from my sketchbook...




No comments:

Post a Comment